Winning The Losing Game For LifeHere are twelve principles for safe and effective weight management:
- Set a realistic goal to lose no more than 4 to 8 pounds a month.
- Move it, to lose it. Regular daily exercise is essential for weight management.
- Cope with anxieties, frustrations and depression without turning to food.
- Establish new eating habits. Make permanent lifestyle changes.
- Avoid snacks and junk foods. Eat less fatty foods and sweets.
- Enjoy low-fat, fiber-rich meals. Eat vegetables and fruits.
- Eat smaller portion sizes and avoid second helpings.
- For long-term success, eat a diet predominant in slow-digesting complex carbs.
- Don't avoid fat altogether. A little fat helps to satisfy hunger better.
- Think and talk positive about your efforts for weight management.
- Start the day with breakfast. Avoid long periods without food. Drink lots of water.
- Don't go it alone. Let your support group motivate you to achieve your goals.
Printer Friendly Page